Planning to travel to Columbus, Ohio for a family vacation, a honeymoon or a weekend getaway? Make this unique nighttime outdoor experience at Hocking Hills Canopy Tours part of an absolutely unforgettable trip! Get acquainted with the night with our "Moonshine" zip line tours. If you've ever dreamed of zipping in the darkness, this nocturnal tour is made for you. You'll experience the sounds, the smells, and the creatures of the night – Then bravely zip off into the blackness! The course is minimally lit for maximum drama, and is sure to satisfy your craving for adventure! Our “Moonshine” tours are available for adults and children ages 10 and up, who are accompanied by adults.
Available only during select full moon nights - Starting in June through October (see schedule below).
The Moonshine Night tour operates under the full moon light! The schedule for this tour will vary depending on the moon phases. Please call for specific tour times.
No discounts apply for this tour.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 250 pounds. Please note: Due to weight restrictions related to our outdoor activities, all participants will be weighed at check-in, on a discreet, one way scale.
- The minimum age is 10 years old. Children between the ages of 10 - 15 must be accompanied by an adult, but must be able to participate independently of the adult.
- A responsible adult must be on the grounds for all participants under the age of 15.
- Every participant must sign a Waiver and Release Form.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver by a parent or legal guardian. If the signer is not present, a photocopy of the signer's drivers license must accompany the signed waiver.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Our activities are designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonably good health.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs, will be allowed to participate in the tour.
- No pregnant women will be allowed to participate in the tour. Hocking Hills Canopy Tours reserves the right to exclude anyone from participation for medical, safety, or other reasons.
- We have a 7 day cancellation policy. If you cancel your reservation outside 7 days prior to your tour date, your payment less a $10 per person service fee will be refunded to you.
- If you need to change your reservation date or time you may do so one time, up to 7 days prior to your originally scheduled tour.
- No refunds or reschedules will be given with less than 7 days notice. Your tour reservation is transferable, so you can give it or sell it to someone else if you choose.
- If we cancel your tour due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, we will reschedule your tour for another available time, or give you a full refund.
- If you are late, you will not receive a refund or be able to join your tour. Your tour and guide will leave as scheduled whether you are there or not. We do expect you to arrive 30 minutes prior to your reserved tour time.
For the MOONSHINE tour, you should plan to spend approximately 2 hours with us. The tour is approximately 90 minutes in length, plus additional time for check-in, orientation, training and transport to and from our course.
It is not uncommon to have a fear of heights. Many people who have a fear of heights are still able to enjoy our zipline tours. You will be clipped to a 1/2 inch steel cable at all times when you are off the ground. Our professional employees are thoroughly trained in zipline course procedures, and will be with you throughout the entire course to answer all your questions, and provide support.
During the Moonshine Tour you will be anywhere from 0 feet to 70 feet above the ground.
You will need to wear closed-toe shoes. Wear comfortable clothing, but please avoid loose clothing (no scarves, etc.). Long hair needs to be tied back. Women should not wear skirts. Dress for the weather forecasted. We do operate in the rain, so please be prepared. Please do not wear any dangling jewelry. Also, please remove all things from your pockets, such as cell phones and wallets. We do have a secure place to store your valuables, but we prefer that you leave valuables at home or locked in your car. Hocking Hills Canopy Tours is not responsible for property lost, damaged, or stolen during your tour.
Yes, we operate in the rain. However, the course will be closed if there is lightning activity in the area. We will also close for high winds. If we know in advance that we will be closed, we will try to contact you at the contact number you provided to us when you booked your tour. If your tour is canceled due to weather, you can either rebook for another time, or we will refund your tour cost.
Zipping in the cold is fun if you are dressed for the weather. We recommend that you layer your clothing. Based on the temperature we recommend you consider wearing base layers, wool socks, warm cap, warm jacket, glove liners (full gloves will not fit under the gloves you will be required to wear to zip), and ski outerwear, face mask (if very cold). We have “hot hands” and glove liners for sale at the course.
All adventure activities done above the ground carry certain inherent risks. We have taken numerous steps to mitigate these risks. Our course was built to meet or exceed ACCT professional building standards. Our guides are professionally trained and our equipment is very high quality. The course and equipment are inspected daily.