Kids and parents are raving about this fun, new adventure! Make our DragonFly zipline experience an exciting part of your Columbus, Ohio family vacation. Created by your friends at THE Hocking Hills Canopy Tours, this zip line adventure tour for KIDS includes eight kid-friendly zip lines, three fun bridges, and a sky tunnel. Now young zippers can enjoy the zip line experience just like adults, as they fly from platform to platform taking in the natural beauty of the Hocking Hills.
Parents will be happy to know that DragonFly zip line boasts a "continuous-belay" safety system that is the first of its kind in the zip line industry. This system will allow children to stay connected to the cable from start to finish... no transferring necessary!
Family and friends are invited to follow the young zippers from the ground level, or just relax on our park benches enjoying the tranquil setting.
The DragonFly Tour Pricing
- DragonFly Zipline Adventure for Kids: $35 per kid, Monday through Thursday. $40 per kid, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Includes two rotations through the course.
- Additional rotations through the course can be purchased as follows:
- 3rd Rotation through course $10
- Each additional rotation $5
Host a Dragonfly
Party for your Child
- $34 per kid (8 kid minimum)
- Ages: 5 - 12 years
- Weight 35 to 140 lbs
- Price includes 3 rotations through the course
- Additional rotations are $5 each
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required
- Party tent available for an additional fee
DragonFly is open mid-March through October. Please click "book now" to check the availability of your next adventure.
Dragonfly Kids Course
Special rates are available for groups of 8 or more. Please call for information.
DragonFly is for children ages 5 - 12 years, and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Also, children must weigh between 35 and 140 pounds. Please note: Due to weight restrictions related to our outdoor activities, all participants will be weighed at check-in, on a discreet, one way scale.
Youngsters can usually complete the first rotation through the DragonFly course in about 20 minutes. Additional rotations through the course usually take less time. Be sure to factor in some additional time for check-in, orientation, and walking to and from the course.
It is not uncommon for children (and adults!) to have some fear of heights. Usually, with a little encouragement your child will accept the challenge of the DragonFly; enjoy the thrill of zip lining; and upon completion, feel a sense of accomplishment.
It's important to note that our professional employees are thoroughly trained in zip line course procedures, and will be with you (at ground level) and your child throughout the entire course, to answer questions and provide support.
Your child will need to wear close-toed shoes (such as tennis shoes), and comfortable clothing. Please avoid loose clothing. Long hair needs to be tied back. Girls should not wear skirts. Dress for the weather forecasted. We do operate in the rain, so please be prepared. Please do not wear any dangling jewelry. Also, remove all things from your childs' pockets. We do have a place to leave valuables, but we prefer that you leave anything valuable at home, or locked in your car. Hocking Hills Canopy Tours is not responsible for property lost, damaged, or stolen during your tour.
All adventure activities done above the ground carry certain inherent risks. We have taken numerous steps to mitigate these risks. Our course was built to meet or exceed ACCT professional building standards. Our guides are professionally trained and our equipment is very high quality. The course and equipment are inspected daily.
The majority of our kids have never done a zipline course. Our DragonFly professionals will give your child an orientation, and will be accessible to you and your child throughout the entire course.
- We have a 7 day cancellation policy. If you cancel your reservation outside 7 days prior to your tour date, your payment less a $10 per person service fee will be refunded to you.
- If you need to change your reservation date or time you may do so one time, up to 7 days prior to your originally scheduled tour.
- No refunds or reschedules will be given with less than 7 days notice. Your tour reservation is transferable, so you can give it or sell it to someone else if you choose.
- If we cancel your tour due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, we will reschedule your tour for another available time, or give you a full refund.
- If you are late, you will not receive a refund or be able to join your tour. Your tour and guide will leave as scheduled whether you are there or not. We do expect you to arrive 30 minutes prior to your reserved tour time.
The DragonFly Zipline platforms are a minimum of 9 feet above the ground, and a maximum height of 24 feet.
Yes, we operate in the rain. However, the course will be closed if there is lightning activity in the area. We will also close for high winds. If we know in advance that we will be closed, we will try to contact you at the contact number you provided to us when you booked your tour. If your tour is canceled due to weather, you can either rebook for another time, or we will refund your tour cost.
Zipping in the cold is fun if you are dressed for the weather. We recommend that you layer your clothing. Based on the temperature we recommend you consider wearing base layers, wool socks, warm cap, warm jacket, glove liners (full gloves will not fit under the gloves you will be required to wear to zip), and ski outerwear, face mask (if very cold). We have “hot hands” and glove liners for sale at the course.